National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 1309] Re: Technology Integration Self-Assessment - an Intro

Marian Thacher mthacher at otan.us
Mon Oct 1 19:38:44 EDT 2007

Thanks, Ginni. Our hope is that some programs, and eventually some states,
will adopt this as part of their professional development.

In California, agencies with a certain kind of EL Civics funding are
required to submit a technology plan, and as part of that we have been
using a different staff self-assessment, one that pretty much focuses on
computer skills. I like the AdultEd Online one better because it is
broader, addressing a variety of different skill areas. So far, people
seem very open to switching over next year, so I'm hopeful that we will be
able to do that.

Marian
The Technology and Literacy Discussion List <technology at nifl.gov> on