National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 1183] Re: Thinkfinity.org

David J. Rosen djrosen at comcast.net
Fri Jul 27 09:44:50 EDT 2007

Thanks, Marge.

I am intrigued. Can you be more specific? What Marco Polo lessons
have you found especially useful for adults? I ask because I agree
that Marco Polo is a terrific resource for high schools, and have
thought it has some potential for adult secondary education classes
and want to know more about how adult ed teachers are actually using
it. I am thinking of adding Thinkfinity to the Literacy List
( http://alri.org/literacylist.html ) but before I do, I want to know
more about how adult education teachers are using it.

Thanks too, Jeri for your detailed comments on how you use Marco Polo.

Does anyone else use Marco Polo -- or other parts of the Thinkfinity
Web site? (www.thinkfinity.org)

On Jul 24, 2007, at 5:11 PM, Marge Mechlenburg wrote:

> I teach reading and computer skills to adults. I use the Marco

> Polo segment

> to find lesson plans and use the on-line courses for professional

> development. I recently took the training on how to use graphic

> organizers

> to teach reading and math skills. It was useful information and

> easily

> incorporated into instruction.

David J. Rosen
djrosen at comcast.net