National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 916] Re: Technology Digest, Vol 19, Issue 5

Silver-Pacuilla, Heidi HSilver-Pacuilla at air.org
Fri Apr 6 12:37:12 EDT 2007

I would add a question:

> How do you ensure equity of access in a classroom or program? Can you

give suggestions on how to make the best use of a limited number and/or
variety of types of devices?

Thanks -
Heidi Silver-Pacuilla
Hsilver-pacuilla at air.org

1. How do you use handhelds in your classroom?
2. How do your students use handhelds for educational purposes outside
of class?
3. Some teachers object that the screen on a handheld is too small for
education purposes. Would you agree? Why or why not?
4. What are the advantages that handhelds have over desktop or laptop
computers for educational purposes?
5. What are the disadvantages?
6. Can you give (an/some) example(s) of effective usews of a handheld
for adult learners?
7. Do you have any recommendations on what handhelds are best for
educational purposes and why?

David J. Rosen
djrosen at comcast.net

Message: 2