National Institute for Literacy

[LearningDisabilities 1262] Re: Fw: Re: Repeat Question-LDScreeningToolsfor Non Native Speakers

Katherine G Kgotthardt at comcast.net
Thu May 31 19:44:20 EDT 2007

Betsy, thank you for describing dyslexia a bit more! Outside of my work
with adults, I often wonder about the distinctions because my daughter
(elementary school aged) has a learning disability and a speech delay
(expressive and receptive). The two, plus some dyslexic tendencies, seem to
merge quite a bit, and I have attempted to sort it all out.

This leads me to my next question: can an adult who has had a speech
development delay continue to have it into adulthood, and how would you
recognize that in a non-native speaker?

Katherine Mercurio Gotthardt