National Institute for Literacy

[LearningDisabilities 928] Re: [FocusOnBasics 643] Teaching the Undocumented Learning DisabledAdult

Phyllis Utley utleyp at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 10:43:48 EST 2007

That sounds like the gist of Freedom Writers - http://www.freedomwriters.com

Phyllis Utley

On A Mission to Inspire
http://www.farrahgrayfoundation.org

"Muro, Andres" <amuro5 at epcc.edu> wrote:
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) } A good strategy is for them to talk and write about their personal experiences, their history, their struggles as immigrants, etc. They have fascinating stories to tell. Take a look at:

http://bordersenses.com/memorias

The above collections have been written by immigrant students. Click on the books on the right hand side to see the stories and poems. While they are written in Spanish, some have been translated.

Andres