National Institute for Literacy

[LearningDisabilities 1380] Re: Fwd: Eligibility for GED Accommodations-2nd Posting

Linda Peterson dalind at verizon.net
Mon Sep 3 15:01:07 EDT 2007

I am interested.

Linda Peterson
Community School Administrator
Hillsborough County
----- Original Message -----
From: RKenyon721 at aol.com
To: learningdisabilities at nifl.gov
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2007 9:15 PM
Subject: [LearningDisabilities 1379] Fwd: Eligibility for GED Accommodations-2nd Posting

Hi Jeanette,

Thanks for your comments on Patricia Linder's question. Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 most definitely apply to our adult education and literacy students.

The GED Testing Service (GEDTS) has very specific guidelines about how eligible students can qualify to receive appropriate accommodations if they have the necessary documentation. You can view more information from the GEDTS about accommodations at:

http://www.acenet.edu/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Search&template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=12223

Do we have subscribers on this List that would be interested in hearing directly from the appropriate person at the GEDTS in an online guest speaking event about GED and Accommodations? If those reading this message are interested, please respond using this same subject title so I can judge the interest.

Thank you,

Rochelle

Rochelle Kenyon
Moderator, NIFL/LINCS Learning Disabilities Discussion List
Center for Literacy Studies at the University of Tennessee
RKenyon721 at aol.com

Learningdisabilities at nifl.gov

To subscribe:

To read archived messages: