National Institute for Literacy

[Assessment 936] Creativity and the GED

Crystal Hack chack at cait.org
Thu Oct 4 14:33:54 EDT 2007

Hello Everyone,

If you would like to check out some samples of the online instruction offered via the GED-i (formerly the GED Illinois), you can venture to the following URL. The lessons were designed by instructors practicing in the adult education classrooms around Illinois. I am happy to discuss how we brought those teachers to think outside the typical practice book and venture into how to effectively present content online. And let me add we are constantly growing and changing and adapting our approach as we learn from our online experience.

http://ged-i.org/instruction/samples/samples.html

Let me know your thoughts and questions. I will tell you that I must travel to a leadership training in Chicago on Oct 10 and 11. I will respond as promptly as I can to our discussion on those days.

Take care and chat with you soon.

Sincerely,

Crystal Hack
GED-i Coordinator

--
Center for the Application of Information Technologies