National Institute for Literacy

[Assessment 707] Test Construction Workshop, July 16-18, 2007 at CETE/OSU

Marie Cora marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com
Sun Apr 15 09:56:59 EDT 2007

Test Construction Workshop, July 16-18, 2007 - CETE/OSU*
Constructing valid, reliable assessments (tests) of job specific
knowledge and skill is critical to effective and defensible human
resource practice.
Knowledge and skill assessments are used for many personnel-related
functions, including
. Individual certification and licensure,
. Personnel selection and placement, and
. Training needs assessment or diagnosis.
A carefully-designed systematic approach to test construction maximizes
return on investment and contributes to candidate satisfaction and
motivation. Poorly designed assessments often yield erroneous and
damaging results, leading to employee or candidate dissatisfaction,
ineffective credentialing decisions and possible exposure to litigation.

Because practice or job analysis serve as the foundation to any
occupationally-specific test development process, our test development
workshop builds on information gathered from such analysis procedures.
Our workshops are designed to complement multiple methods of
occupational or practice analysis, from simple to complex.
To learn more about the Test Construction Workshop process and how to
register, please read our brochure
<http://www.cete.org/AssessmentSP/images/ElectronicTCWBrochureJuly2007.p
df> (pdf). For additional information, please contact Kathy Summerfield
at 614-688-4000 or summerfield.1 at osu.edu. <mailto:summerfield.1 at osu.edu>

The Center on Education and Training for Employment
The Ohio State University
1900 Kenny Road
Columbus, OH 43210
www.cete.org
* If we receive insufficient registrations for the July 16-18, 2007
workshop, it will be rescheduled.