National Institute for Literacy

[Assessment 1002] Re: GED Discussion - what you need to know!

Borge, Toni F tborge at bhcc.mass.edu
Fri Oct 26 15:39:46 EDT 2007

When we are referring to creativity do we mean teaching critical
thinking skills which once our students know how to think in a critical
thinking way they will be successful in achieving their education and
other life goals. However, just like K-12 education, adult education is
captured on the high stakes spinning wheel of accountability which
stifles creativity and teachers teach to the test.

Toni Borge

BHCC
Adult Education & Transitions Program

Boston, MA