National Institute for Literacy

[Assessment 970] Re: level movement

Michelle Carson mcarson at ksbor.org
Wed Oct 17 12:04:37 EDT 2007

To determine a good rate I would consider the following:

the state average for completion for those levels (did the program meet or exceed it?)
the national average for completion for those levels (how does the program compare? If the state average is higher than the national average then this would not influence my assessment of the program's performance.)
the program's performance history ( I would consider trend data...is the program showing continuous improvement? How do they compare over time? How do they compare to other program's of similar size and demographics?)
the program's performance targets (are they meeting or exceeding those?)

Overall, I think you have to consider how a program is doing in relationship to itself as well as to other programs in the state in making a determination as to what a 'good' rating would be.

>>> "Virginia Tardaewether" <tarv at chemeketa.edu> 10/17/2007 10:30 AM >>>

What about something like this?
OK 10-20 % of those who had this as a goal
Fair 20-30% of those who had this as a goal
Good 30-40% of those who had this as a goal
Excellent anything above 50%
??????
va