National Institute for Literacy

[Assessment 902] Re: Reading math textbooks

Jackie Coelho jackie.coelho at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 13:39:19 EDT 2007

Hi Pinder,
I am by no means an expert. However, I would say that the ability to
read would indeed effect a reader's ability to comprehend math text
books. Reading is reading. Which is probably not very helpful. I know
a lot of work has been done on the link between numeracy and literacy.
I apologize for not being able to point you in many directions. Try
looking up the work that TIAN has done. That might help.

Jackie Coelho