National Institute for Literacy

[Assessment 629] Re: assessment in Nz

Marie Cora marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com
Mon Feb 5 10:27:24 EST 2007

HI Susan, thanks for this.

You have hit a crucial aspect of building an assessment/accountability
system and that is professional development! Without that, even the
best systems and materials can falter.

I feel like we practitioners in the U.S. are getting much better at a
lot of the points Susan makes in her post below. We still have work to
do in order to run a tight ship, but I think we're better as an entire
group with this stuff than even just 4 or 5 years ago. Would people
agree with that or no?

What types of opportunities (or mandates for that matter) are in place
in NZ for necessary ProD for things like assessment?

Marie Cora
Assessment Discussion List Moderator