National Institute for Literacy

[Assessment 622] Another resource

Marie Cora marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com
Wed Jan 31 12:58:11 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all who are sharing their ideas, resources, and IEPs - this is
wonderful stuff!

I'm attaching a set of guidelines that were developed by myself and
staff at the Swearer Center for Public Service adult ed programs during
the latter end of the 1990s. We used these for placement and for
on-going or formative assessment. The guidelines are referred to as
Rubrics - which I think is interesting because there are no levels to
any of the guidelines. We would keep records of this information on
Student Profile sheets which were basically simple forms containing a
student's relevant personal and educational info, and where teachers
could write out in brief narrative about the student's work, using the
"rubric" as a guide (I can't find a Student Profile sheet sample, but
I'm still looking.).

See what you think!

Marie
Assessment Discussion List Moderator

Marie Cora
<mailto:marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com> marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com
NIFL Assessment Discussion List Moderator
Coordinator, LINCS Assessment Special Collection
http://literacy.kent.edu/Midwest/assessment/