National Institute for Literacy

[ProfessionalDevelopment 2725] Re: Online Work Group

George Demetrion gdemetrion at msn.com
Tue Dec 30 20:31:06 EST 2008

Hello all,

Looks like we have the basis for a viable working group, I am definitely not a techie, but a content person. We have some great ideas for PD in the greater Hartford area as I can see that's the case throughout the land of literacy. There's probably a multiplicity of perspectives to work through, so perhaps as part of the work of moving forward, collaboratively working through a list of primary objectives would add value to our emerging work.

Looking forward to next steps.

Happy New Year to all of us,

George Demetrion

Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 14:28:45 -0500From: JZamierowski at Stairwaysbh.orgTo: professionaldevelopment at nifl.govSubject: [ProfessionalDevelopment 2723] Online Work Group

Good afternoon,

I have been watching the e mails about forming an online work group and wanted to volunteer to join. I work as part of the Pennsylvania Professional Development System. My supervisor and I attended the COABE pre-conference/conference in Philadelphia a couple of years ago and had the opportunity to meet many of the individuals that regularly contribute to this list. The information shared during the conference was excellent.

I am currently the Assistant Coordinator of the Northwest Professional Development Center, one of seven professional development centers in Pennsylvania. We use some types of online professional development with teachers in the Northwest region of Pennsylvania, along with a variety of other venues. We are extremely interested in moving forward with additional online opportunities. I am also familiar with the online learning tool, Skills Tutor, used by several students in our agency.

I believe that I would learn a lot by having the opportunity to work with others in this proposed work group. Our professional development center definitely wants to move forward by incorporating various technologies in future professional development opportunities. I believe that being a member of this work group would be very helpful.

Joy Zamierowski
Northwest Professional Development Center
2919 State Street
Erie, PA 16508
814-878-2010
http://web.mac.com/nwpdc/NWPDC/Home_Page.html