National Institute for Literacy

[ProfessionalDevelopment 2715] Re: Online Teaching PD Workgroup

Crystal Hack chack at cait.org
Mon Dec 29 15:57:12 EST 2008

Hello David and others,

Sorry, I was not clear in my previous post. All the information I shared before was centered around how the GED-i training team provide PD to instructors/coordinators/administrators in IL and beyond. All of our training is around promoting online learning to students, finding your target audience and marketing to that audience, screening and orientation of online students, teaching and learning online in general. Sorry if I was not clear. All of the practices and approaches we take to professional development for adult education are very low cost and very transferable to other initiatives.

If others have questions feel free to ask. :)

Jackie mentioned a similar group so let me know when things come together. Once the smaller discussion group is pulled together please share the details and I would more than glad to take part.

Crystal

--
Center for the Application of Information Technologies