National Institute for Literacy

[ProfessionalDevelopment 1837] Re: ProfessionalDevelopment

robinschwarz1 at aol.com robinschwarz1 at aol.com
Mon Jan 7 16:16:27 EST 2008

Yes-- the Achilles' heel of adult education--anyone with a good heart and free time can teach adult ED/ESOL as far as I can tell ( though I must say, here in Wisconsin, a rigorous WSL certificate is required for adult ESOL in most of the tech colleges ---our equivalent of community colleges--but not for other ESOL programs.). ? Even if certificates WERE available for adult education, what would be the incentive to have them? A higher rate of pay?? Where, exactly would THAT happen??? Robin Lovrien Schwarz