National Institute for Literacy

[ProfessionalDevelopment 2629] What would you want in a Health Literacy Toolkit?

Julie McKinney julie_mcKinney at worlded.org
Wed Oct 29 15:49:18 EDT 2008

Hi PD Colleagues,

I am working on a new Health Literacy Toolkit and am looking for ideas
on what resources you all would like to see in it. It will be online,
and include practical resources for these kinds of activities:
* addressing health literacy in adult literacy programs and classes
* forming collaborations between health systems and adult literacy
programs
* jumpstarting a health literacy initiative in your program

It will be mostly for adult literacy professional development as it
relates to health literacy.

Examples of what it will include are:
* curricula
* stories of promising practices in ABE/Health Care collaboration
* research articles
* funding ideas

Please send me your ideas so I can make sure this will fill some real
needs!

Thanks all,
Julie

Julie McKinney