National Institute for Literacy

[ProfessionalDevelopment 2378] Re: math for the professions

Uvin, Johan Johan.Uvin at ride.ri.gov
Sat Jul 19 21:04:28 EDT 2008

Here you can find some info on the application I mentioned: http://www.symphonylearning.com/?page_id=12

________________________________

From: professionaldevelopment-bounces at nifl.gov on behalf of Wrigley, Heide
Sent: Sat 7/19/2008 3:23 PM
To: The Adult Literacy Professional Development Discussion List
Cc: Uvin, Johan
Subject: [ProfessionalDevelopment 2376] math for the professions

Thanks so much, Susan and Johan for providing resources for math for adults who must meet math requirements before they can move on to job training or vocational education. I had forgotten about the EMPower series and will check out the Visual Math that Susan mentioned. I was intrigued by the Symphony Learning Math software program and was wondering if anyone had used it with adults and what their insights were

Here's the resource for math for health care that John Chadwick of Renton College WA mentioned. It's Math Basics for Healthcare Professionals

http://www.allbookstores.com/author/Michele_Benjamin-Lesmeister.html

Heide