National Institute for Literacy

[ProfessionalDevelopment 2287] Re: Whatdo wemeanbystudentinvolvement and critical thinking?

Steve Kaufmann steve at thelinguist.com
Mon Jul 14 12:10:17 EDT 2008

Janet,

I think that the activities of a language learner, and the attitude of a
language learner, are quite similar to those of someone learning to sing.
First one has to listen and get used to the sounds and rhythm. And one has
to find a way to enjoy the learning process. For a more complete description
of my view of language learning you can look at my
article<http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/the-three-stages-of-language-fluency/>which
appeared on Pickthebrain.com today.

Steve

--