National Institute for Literacy

[ProfessionalDevelopment 2238] Re: What do we mean bystudentinvolvement and critical thinking?

Louise Wiener lwiener at llfinc.org
Wed Jul 9 17:25:28 EDT 2008

Very much so. LLF uses art, architecture and design because the process
builds basic learning skills while pulling on people¹s creativity,
knowledge, and pride. It is truly a strength based approach.

Design based approaches are more typically applied to gifted and talented
programs than to adult ed. I think there¹s lots of mileage top be made in
adult ed by using design as a medium for recognizing and building on
strengths. Louise