National Institute for Literacy

[ProfessionalDevelopment 1952] Digest Format

Taylor, Jackie jataylor at utk.edu
Tue Feb 12 08:32:07 EST 2008

Hi All,

I'm pleased to see so many enthusiastic discussions. For those worried
about #'s of emails, you do have the option to set your subscription
into digest format. Digest "bundles" all list emails into one or two
emails per day. When the KB size of messages reaches a certain limit,
the server automatically bundles them and sends it to you in one
compiled message.

While that only works well when other subscribers remember to trim all
trailing messages, overall I recommend it.

The subject line of digests will not be topic-specific, so any replies
to digest format often mean the subject line will need adjusting before
replying. Also, subscribers using digest format do not receive the
information that was posted right away. Because of that, this option may
or may not suit everyone's needs.

Directions:

1. Visit: http://www.nifl.gov/lincs/discussions/discussions.html

2. Enter your email address in the space at the bottom "unsubscribe and
other options."

3. This takes you to a page where it asks you if you want to
unsubscribe or to log in using your password. Log in. (There is a button
you can click to have your password emailed to you if you've forgotten
it.)

4. Once you've logged in, it gives you several options. Scroll down to
where it reads "set digest mode". Click this to "on", then scroll down
and click "submit my changes."

And voila! You're all set.

Please let me know if you have Qs, I'm happy to help.

Jackie

Jackie Taylor, List Moderator, jataylor at utk.edu