National Institute for Literacy

[ProfessionalDevelopment 2579] Family Math (cross-post)

Jackie A. Taylor jackie at jataylor.net
Mon Oct 6 12:42:01 EDT 2008

Fyi...Jackie Taylor, Professional Development List Moderator, jackie at jataylor.net

*************

Family Math Fun!

Announcing a new resource: a manual of family numeracy activities,
ready to use in early literacy programs, day care centres, primary
grades and Adult Basic Education/Literacy programs. Patterns, recipes,
and hand-outs all included (109 pages). Download your free copy:
http://www.nald.ca/library/learning/familymath/cover.htm
<http://www.nald.ca/library/learning/familymath/cover.htm>

Math for the whole person: Spirit, heart, body and mind are all
connected in the activities in this book. When we balance the spirit,
heart, body and mind, math becomes part of our whole lives, not a beast
or a barrier.

Activities for the whole family: Things to do in the kitchen and on a
walk, rhymes, games, and things to make, all to promote math thinking
and learning.

Please forward to your networks.

For more information: Kate.Nonesuch at viu.ca. Funded by The Office of
Literacy and Essential Skills, Human Resources and Skills Development
Canada

Kate Nonesuch
Career and Academic Preparation
Vancouver Island University Cowichan Campus
222 Cowichan Way
Duncan, BC
V9L 6P4

kate.nonesuch at viu.ca