National Institute for Literacy

[ProfessionalDevelopment 1854] Online Educational Comics Helping Families Write, Read and Tell Stories Both in English and Spanish; More Characters Introduced

wmz at aol.com wmz at aol.com
Thu Jan 10 09:29:14 EST 2008

Dear group members,
A year ago, when we first launched our comic strip generator --
www.MakeBeliefsComix.com -- you were among the first to give us your
support and encouragement for providing a useful educational resource
for ESOL and literacy students.
We have just upgraded the site to enable users to also write their
comics in Spanish as well as in English -- a request made by many
educators -- and we have added more fun characters in response to user
suggestions. Since the site was launched more 150,000 educators in
more than 150 countries are using our free resource to encourage
writing, reading and literacy.
I hope you will try out our new features and share them with your
community of readers.
All good wishes to you for the new year, and thank you again for your
support.
Bill Zimmerman