National Institute for Literacy

[ProfessionalDevelopment 2032] Re: International Women' Day Message

Virginia Pulver virginia at nmcl.org
Fri Mar 7 11:25:15 EST 2008

Thanks for the reference to International Women's Day (8 March). For the past few years I have been living in post-Soviet era Ukraine where International Women's Day is a huge event with more punch than Valentine's Day and Mother's Day combined! Woe to anyone foolish enough to show up without an offering of chocolate, flowers and "shampansky"!

FYI: this is also Women's History Month.

It is god to pause and reflect on our accomplishments and to celebrate the joys of being a woman. Here's to all you wonderful dedicated women in this forum - you are working to make a difference and I applaud you!

Life is good...

Virginia J. Pulver, AmeriCorps*VISTA
Recruiting Consultant, NM Coalition for Literacy
3209-B Mercantile Court, Santa Fe NM 87507
virginia at nmcl.org
1-800-233-7587
Visit our Website: www.nmcl.org

Literacy - the pathway to a brighter future!