National Institute for Literacy

[ProfessionalDevelopment 2685] CNN video online -- Hero, Adult Education Supervisor featured on CNN

Jackie A. Taylor jackie at jataylor.net
Sat Dec 6 11:59:33 EST 2008

Hello Daphne,

Thanks for bringing this up. I've been traveling all week so I apologize
for the belated reply. I did watch it and thought it was a wonderful
opportunity to bring adult literacy into the spotlight. For those who
would like to view the CNN clip it is online at:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/10/30/heroes.wilson.nelson/inde
x.html

I think we should be doing more to cultivate champions and to educate
the general public about the critical need for adult literacy in our
country. I realize it's not every day that we have the opportunity to
work with celebrities; but there are many kinds of champions. I wonder
what others here are doing to nurture adult literacy champions in their
communities?

Comments?

Jackie

Jackie Taylor, Online Facilitator, jackie at jataylor.net

Adult Literacy Professional Development

Adult Literacy and Language Learning Communities of Practice

http://www.nifl.gov/lincs/discussions/discussions.html

National Institute for Literacy www.nifl.gov