National Institute for Literacy

[ProfessionalDevelopment 2628] Improving world knowledge via wikipedia

Thompson, Duren J duren.thompson at utk.edu
Tue Oct 28 10:52:48 EDT 2008

Hey folks - speaking of the discussion on andragogy and pedagogy, I
came across an issue on Wikipedia with which I think folks on this list
may be able to assist .

Wikipedia has this entry for 'Adult Education"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult_education

If you switch over to the Dicussion or 'Talk" page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Adult_education
You'll find a number of folks feel this entry is somewhat lame, and some
suggestions have been made, but no "plan" or structure for improvements
has been offered.

This page is part of WikiProject Education
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Education> - an
attempt to improve education articles on Wikipedia. On the discussion
page they suggest that the first needed thing is a list of priority
tasks needed to improve the article. Anyone care to assist them? I
suspect there is a lot of good stuff over on the ALE wiki that we could
link to!

Duren Thompson
Center for Literacy Studies - Celebrating 20 years of support for
life-long learning!
University of Tennessee
www.cls.utk.edu