National Institute for Literacy

[ProfessionalDevelopment 2335] Thank You!

Taylor, Jackie jataylor at utk.edu
Thu Jul 17 11:30:25 EDT 2008

PD List Colleagues,

I want to thank Cynthia Peters and Marty Finsterbusch for joining us
formally as guests to discuss Critical Thinking and Student Involvement
in Adult Literacy. I know my eyes have been opened in the process of our
very rich discussions.

I believe Marty may be adding more to our conversations this week,
informally as a member of our community. Cynthia may be staying with us
informally for a while as well.

While our formal discussion is over, each posting is considered 'fair
game' for further responses. So let the discussions continue! I hope we
will keep exploring the issues that matter to us, whether or not we are
having a scheduled discussion.

That said, this was the first scheduled discussion in a mini-series this
year on Literacy for Social Change. Our next scheduled discussion will
explore the role of professional development in that. More to come.

I appreciate everyone's contributions and I have learned from the varied
perspectives you've offered. A full discussion summary with links and
resources will be posted to this list later next week.

Sincerely,

Jackie Taylor, PD List Moderator, jataylor at utk.edu