National Institute for Literacy

[ProfessionalDevelopment 2325] Re: critical thinking and numeracy

Susan Kidd SKidd at sbctc.edu
Wed Jul 16 15:31:54 EDT 2008

Here are a few useful resources for those interested in linking math and
social justice:
1) Rethinking Mathematics: Teaching Social Justice by the Numbers edited
by Eric Gutstein ISBN: 0942961544, published 2006

2) Open Secrets
Lists campaign income and expenditures for national candidates
http://www.opensecrets.org/?gclid=CMPJoe_Ag5MCFQkXiQodsThswg

3) Follow the money
Interactive map that lets you track political donations by topic and
party over time
http://www.followthemoney.org/

4) Radical Math website - "a resource for educators interested in
integrating issues of social and economic justice into math classes and
curriculum." http://www.radicalmath.org/

Susan Kidd
ABE Professional Development Coordinator
State Board for Community & Technical Colleges
office phone: 509-682-6968
cell phone: 509-630-4520
skidd at sbctc.edu