National Institute for Literacy

[ProfessionalDevelopment 2166] Discussion on Professional Wisdom

David J. Rosen djrosen at comcast.net
Fri Jun 20 08:07:36 EDT 2008

Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to join us in a discussion about
professional wisdom that we will be holding on the AAACE-NLA
discussion list from June 23rd to June 27th.

In November last year, we (John Comings and David J. Rosen) had a
series of email exchanges because we believe it is important for our
field to come to agreement on how professional wisdom might be used
as part of evidence-based practice. We discussed how our field might
build a model for achieving a body of professional wisdom that
teachers and administrators might use to improve basic skills
teaching, learning and programs for adults.

On June 23rd and June 24th we will post that discussion on the AAACE-
NLA discussion list in two parts. From June 25th-June 27th we will
welcome your questions and comments.

Please pass this invitation on to your colleagues who might like to
join us, too. To subscribe to the AAACE-NLA Discussion List, go to:

Once there, scroll down the page and follow the subscription directions.

John Comings

David J. Rosen