National Institute for Literacy

[Assessment 381] Re: Math as a puzzle, or swimming

Varshna Narumanchi-Jackson varshna at grandecom.net
Fri Jun 23 14:09:55 EDT 2006

I¹ve found that reading about writing from prolific and successful writers ‹
their struggles, methods, anxiety ‹ has been inspirational.

A recent website I visited is Thomas Sowell¹s page on his own experiences as
a writer (http://www.tsowell.com/About_Writing.html). I just want to make
the disclaimer that if you¹re an editor or have editorial aspirations (like
me), you will probably want to skip the parts he has to say about working
with editors, copywriters, and the rest of the publishing world...While he
is humorous(!) and takes a light-hearted approach, it¹s hit home a couple of
times...

Good luck, and keep writing!