National Institute for Literacy

[Assessment 267] Re: Questions about the new ETS assessments

O'Connor, Susan S.Oconnor at BrooklynPublicLibrary.org
Mon Mar 27 11:19:48 EST 2006

Brooklyn Public LIbrary considered participation in this project but the
cost was so high that we were unable to even consider participation. This
leads me to wonder about the efficacy of such an expensive venture for adult
literacy programs that have no fat at all to expend on anything other than
instruction.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cook, Marcia
To: 'The Assessment Discussion List'
Cc: Dyer, Becky
Sent: 3/27/06 11:09 AM
Subject: [Assessment 266] Re: Questions about the new ETS assessments

Maine began to participate as a Charter State. Our biggest challenge is
money. Although we have for years been actively involved in EFF and in
many areas still are, we do not have the money at this time to continue
to participate in the project. Our biggest concern about the EFF
assessments is the cost of the assessments to each program. We are a
small state population wise and receive a relatively small amount of
money. I will be anxious to hear this addressed during the week.

Thanks,

Marcia

_____