Research Menu

Re: Fedora Core 2 Test 2

From: Tom <tom_at_lemuria.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:02:42 +0200

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 05:28:59PM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 10:11, "Kerry Thompson" <kerry@crypt.gen.nz> wrote:
> > I'm advising people that if they're not interested in SELinux or are
> > installing a desktop for their granny then disable with selinux=0.
>
> I think that a granny's desktop system is an ideal machine for SE Linux. Such
> machines often don't get upgraded as often as you might like and you want as
> many security options as possible!

Plus granny is unlikely to fool around and thus can comfortably live in a restricted environment.

I know that for me, my own machines are the ones with the most relaxed security settings, because I constantly install, tweak, tune, and generally mess with stuff.

--
PGP/GPG key: http://web.lemuria.org/pubkey.html
pub  1024D/2D7A04F5 2002-05-16 Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org>