National Institute for Literacy

[Assessment 529] peep?

Marie Cora marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com
Mon Oct 23 10:41:51 EDT 2006

Dear colleagues,

Are you out there? Is this a bad time for a discussion? Is the topic
not of interest?

Aside from Virginia's post last week, I haven't heard from any of the
550 subscribers to the List. I'm assuming that the topic (Measuring
Education Gains in Adult Literacy, 10/17 and 10/18) is of interest. But
you need to let me know if it is or not. I generally gauge interest
based on Subscriber responses, so if this is an indication, the topic is
not hot (which surprises me).

Are there other topics you'd prefer to engage in? What are they? The
purpose of this List is to provide a forum for discussion that goes well
beyond your program's walls, so if I'm not hitting on the right stuff, I
really do need to hear from you. Membership here continues to climb,
but you are all very silent.

I really want to hear your thoughts and I want to know how this List can
serve you well. Please let me know. Feel free to respond to the
discussion on Measuring Gains, but also, feel free to start your own
discussion topic, or feel free to send your thoughts to the List or to
me personally regarding other discussions that you would like to see
happen - and I'll make them happen.

I value and appreciate your membership highly - but a Discussion List is
only as good as the discussions that occur. If you've never posted and
that makes you a bit reticent, feel free to send me your post and I can
do a couple of things like help you compose your message, or I can post
your message for you anonymously. The important thing is for your
voices to be heard.

Thanks!

marie

Marie Cora
<mailto:marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com> marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com
NIFL Assessment Discussion List Moderator
Coordinator, LINCS Assessment Special Collection
http://literacy.kent.edu/Midwest/assessment/