Research Menu

Re: Updated policy

From: Stephen Smalley <sds_at_epoch.ncsc.mil>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:22:04 -0500

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 14:56, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Many changes to allow policy to support telnetd, rlogind and rshd.

I merged these bits into sourceforge CVS.

> allow mount_t binfmt_misc_fs_t:dir mounton;
> Required to run wine.

Waiting on clarification of whether and why this is needed, given that the mount point should be sysctl_t and only the mounted directory should have this type. Multiple mounts?

> Changes to allow setfiles/restorecon to read default_context_t
> (customizable files)

I merged these bits into sourceforge CVS.

> Fixes for postgresql.te

Ditto.

> Elimination of gpg execmod change. The gpg rpm was fixed in rawhide.

Ditto.

> Fixes for targeted crond to run as unconfined and still have transitions
> work.

Waiting on clarification of whether we truly want separate domains at all for such programs in the targeted policy, and whether it should be in system_crond_t or crond_t.

Also merged most of the miscellaneous bits of the patch, excepting execmem permission for mozilla and the usual tunables and distros customizations.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds@epoch.ncsc.mil>
National Security Agency