Research Menu

Re: Add a new class

From: Park Lee <parklee_sel_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:40:47 -0800 (PST)

On 2004-10-05 at 12:32, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 20:40, Joshua Brindle wrote:
> > Check the files in policy/flask
> >
> > specifically you must add the class to
> > security_classes and the permissions to
> > access_vectors and then rebuild the headers with
> > the Makefile in the flask directory and put them
> > in linux/security/selinux/include/
> >
> > then reboot on the new kernel and build a policy
> > with the new classes and access vectors, it
> > should be fairly straightforward and no problems
> > should occur.
>
> I don't think it is necessary to boot the new
> kernel before building the updated policy, as you
> can always load a policy with additional classes
> and permissions even if the existing kernel doesn't
> use them; you only have a problem if you try to
> change or remove an existing class or permission
> (and the kernel will refuse to load such a policy
> anyway). In fact, it is likely not safe to boot the
> new kernel without first building and installing
> the new policy, because the new kernel may try
> to use the new classes and permissions before they
> are defined in the policy (which would result in
> denials).

Now, I'm using FC2. I try to add a new class ( also just for learing ).
I've added a new class to security_classes and the permissions to access_vectors (In
/etc/security/selinux/src/policy/flask), after that, rebuilt the headers with the Makefile in the flask directory and put them in
/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-1.358/security/selinux/include as Joshua Brindle have mentioned. and then rebooted on the new kernel.
After I rebooted on the new kernel, I went into /etc/security/selinux/src/policy, and ran 'make load'. But this time, the security_load_policy failed! The following is what appeared on my screen:

[root@lenovo policy]# make load
mkdir -p tmp
 [... snipped ...]
mkdir -p /etc/security/selinux

/usr/bin/checkpolicy -o
/etc/security/selinux/policy.17 policy.conf
/usr/bin/checkpolicy:  loading policy configuration
from policy.conf
security: 5 users, 7 roles, 1244 types, 1 bools security: 31 classes, 303377 rules
 [... snipped ...]
/usr/bin/checkpolicy: writing binary representation (version 15) to /etc/security/selinux/policy.15 warning: discarding booleans and conditional rules
/usr/bin/checkpolicy -c 16 -o
/etc/security/selinux/policy.16 policy.conf
/usr/bin/checkpolicy:  loading policy configuration
from policy.conf
security: 5 users, 7 roles, 1244 types, 1 bools security: 31 classes, 303377 rules
/usr/bin/checkpolicy: policy configuration loaded /usr/bin/checkpolicy: writing binary representation (version 16) to /etc/security/selinux/policy.16
/usr/sbin/load_policy
/etc/security/selinux/policy.`cat /selinux/policyvers`
/usr/sbin/load_policy:  security_load_policy failed
make: *** [tmp/load] Error 3

Then, Is there something wrong? Would you please tell me what's the matter with 'make load'?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Park Lee

Do You Yahoo!?