Research Menu

Trouble installing SELinux on Ubuntu

From: alex323 <alex323_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 03:04:25 -0400

I am attempting to install SELinux on Ubuntu using the HOWTO guide located at http://www.lurking-grue.org/selinuxHOWTO.html. I am running into some trouble.

I have compiled the kernel from sources just as instructed (2.6.17.13) and I booted into the new kernel with selinux enabled.

>From there I installed the selinux-policy-default package. However
when 'make relabel' starts going, I get errors like this:

inode_doinit_with_dentry context_to_sid(kernel) returned 22 for dev=sda2 inode=#########

Would anyone know what is going on? I've tried installing selinux for about 6 hours now and nothing I do seems to work. :(