[NIFL-FAMILY:943] Re: Some Tech. Based Activities

From: Pitcher, Sharon (spitcher@towson.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 10:51:53 EDT

Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 10:51:53 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Pitcher, Sharon" <spitcher@towson.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:943] Re: Some Tech. Based Activities

I agree with your reservations. Actually, in our reading clinic we use the Internet mostly modeling for parents cites where children can read about their interests in text that they can read.  We have also used Storybook Weaver and Imagination Express which are both much more interactive and creative than ACR.

Dr. Sharon Pitcher
Director, Towson University Reading Clinic
Towson University
8000 York Road
Towson, MD  21252
Phone:  410-704-2895