National Institute for Literacy

[FamilyLiteracy] List Information

Maralit, Mary Jo MMaralit at NIFL.gov
Fri Oct 28 14:55:15 EDT 2005

Dear List Subscribers,

Welcome to the National Institute for Literacy's new discussion lists. The Institute looks to make the discussion list a more critical element of the work that we do. In a few weeks, the moderators will be taking on a more proactive role - such as making arrangements for guest participants and facilitating discussion activities around a research question or current issues. It is our intent to improve the lists by doing more to provide opportunities for professional growth, and access to information and resources.

The Institute values the communication that has occurred on the lists in the past. We hope that this change enhances this service the lists provide, including discussions on all lists in regards to the various topic areas: highlighting new research, resources and current issues.

We will be starting off the initial phase to give subscribers the opportunity to get familiar with Mailman. We will share the guidelines for the fully moderated list, next week, as well as additional information as to how a fully-moderated list works. We will keep each list informed as to the scheduled changes to the lists.

Thank you for your assistance in helping us make this transition smooth.

Jo Maralit
National Institute for Literacy
mmaralit at nifl.gov <mailto:mmaralit at nifl.gov>