[NIFL-HEALTH:4714] new bottles at Target pharmacy

From: Janet Sorensen (jpsscribe@wildmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 17:19:49 EDT

Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:19:49 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Janet Sorensen" <jpsscribe@wildmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:4714] new bottles at Target pharmacy

I'm senior writer for the Arkansas Foundation for Medical
Care. We are Arkansas' quality improvement organization
(QIO) for Medicare and do similar work for Arkansas
Medicaid. I have not been contributing much to this list
but wanted to share this. A co-worker just sent me this
link about the new bottles and labels Target pharmacies are
using. I wish more pharmacies would follow their lead
(although I understand Target has a patent on this
particular packaging).
It still may not be perfect but it's a definite improvement
over the current standard. A large percentage of medical
errors are related to prescriptions, and prescription
errors can be among the most damaging or even deadly, so
this kind of change could save some lives. It's a good
example of a market-driven positive change.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7634269/

Care2 make the world greener!
http://www.Care2.com  Free e-mail. 100MB storage.  Helps charities.

Make a Difference: Tell U.S. Congress to stop hurting our health care! http://www.care2.com/go/z/healthcare