National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 1408] itunes u

David J. Rosen djrosen at comcast.net
Sun Dec 9 09:49:16 EST 2007

Technology and Professional Development Colleagues,

itunes -- the Apple online music store -- now has a new area offering
free university and college lectures and other education
presentations. It is called itunes university or itunes u.

http://www.apple.com/education/itunesu/

If you have a look, consider the following:

1. Is there anything there that would be useful to adult secondary
education classes (GED, EDP, ADP, or College Transiton) for
introducing their students to college? If so, what?

2. Would it be useful to have a new category on itunes u, under
"Beyond Universities" for Teacher Training or Teacher Improvement .
(For example we now have links to over 30 free, short adult ed
classroom videos on the MLoTS Web site [ www.mlots.org ]. Itunes u
might include those as well as other kinds of professional
development videos and slide shows. Would it be worthwhile for me to
ask itunes u to set this up? If they did, would you use it?

David J. Rosen
djrosen at comcast.net