National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 1374] Re: Second Life Resources

Melinda Hefner mhefner at cccti.edu
Tue Nov 13 13:52:49 EST 2007

Thanks, Courtney. I will check these out shortly. In the meantime, have you been involved in any discussions of liability when resources such as Second Life, Active World, etc. are used? Just last week I was in a meeting where someone said that there were emerging liability issues? Any insight into that?

Melinda

Melinda M. Hefner
Director, Literacy Support Services

Basic Skills Department
Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute
2855 Hickory Blvd.
Hudson, North Carolina 28638
Office: (828) 726-2245
FAX: (828) 726-2266

>>> On 11/13/2007 at 12:53 pm, in message <1194976396.a1802accdubois1 at student.gsu.edu>, "Courtney Leigh DuBois" <cdubois1 at student.gsu.edu> wrote:

In August, David Rosen asked about guides to SL. One of my coworkers at Ga. State is actively involved in SL. She recommended these resources:

101 Ways to Use Second Life in the College Classroom
Dr. Megan Conklin at Elon College
http://facstaff.elon.edu/mconklin/pubs/glshandout.pdf

Virtual Worlds: A Second Life Beginners Guide UOC Summer Course
M. Senges, T. Praus, P. Bihr
http://www.thewavingcat.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/uoc_virtual_worlds-a_second_life_beginners_guide_v10.pdf