National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 1247] Re: Professional Development Design &Developmentfor the 21st Century

Holly Dilatush-Guthrie Holly.Dilatush-Guthrie at ccs.k12.va.us
Tue Aug 28 09:42:59 EDT 2007

David,
this: <<(there is also a "simple English version http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page and to engage them in
discussion about how to know whether or not to truse a source.>>>

is extremely valuable, hitherto unknown to me info!
Thank you!
I've shared this with my colleagues -- we've been referring students to some of the longer more daunting, intimidating versions -- this 'simpler' version should prove to be more reliable!
Thanks,
Holly

"No matter what our attempts to inform, it is our ability to inspire that will turn the tides."
Holly Dilatush
ESL distance learning, Dialogue Cafe, Volunteer coordinator
Charlottesville City Schools Adult Learning Center
1000 Preston Ave., Suite D
Charlottesville VA 22903
(434) 245.2815 office
(434) 960.7177 cell/mobile
http://theHsmile.org ['home' to several Moodle CMS (course management systems/virtual classrooms)]
http://www.Charlottesville-ESL.org
"Live with intention. Share inside~out smiles, inspire hope, seek awe and nurture in nature."