National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 1238] Re: Second Life for Survivor class

Bonnie Odiorne bonniesophia at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 27 13:11:14 EDT 2007

Thanks very much for the clarification and advice.

Marian Thacher <mthacher at otan.us> wrote: My experience is that you wouldn't want to have your students go to Second Life individually, asynchronously. It's much better to be with at least one or two other people from your class or group, who have the same goals as you, at least initially. You can help each other move around, find things, make things work (like teleporting, voice chat, or gestures).

If you are wandering around on your own, it can be very interesting, but also strange things can happen that you might not want to spend time explaining in class. Not everyone in SL is there for education.

Marian Thacher
OTAN
www.otan.us