National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 1225] Second Life for Survivor class

Marian Thacher mthacher at otan.us
Fri Aug 24 12:18:24 EDT 2007

My 2 cents - it would be really fun for students who are already online
gamers or used to an avatar environment, and pretty hard for those who are
new to it. But I haven't tried it with learners. Has anyone?

Also, I guess you would have to hook up with an organization that has land
so you would have a place to meet. Not hard, but takes some looking
around. How would others handle this? You definitely don't want to build
your own environment!

Marian Thacher
OTAN
www.otan.us