National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 1199] Re: Web Site Reviews

Bakin, Barry barry.bakin at lausd.net
Thu Aug 9 19:57:19 EDT 2007

The ESL/CBET & Citizenship Technology Guide written and published by
teachers in our program in 2002 has a website evaluation checklist. It
can be found on page c-1 of the guide or page 175 of the pdf file that
is at
http://adultinstruction.org/administrators/handbooks/esl_tech_guide.pdf.
Our checklist was based on a document (A Guide for Evaluating the
Reliability of Internet Resources) put out by the Outreach and
Technology Assistance Network (OTAN)written by Doris Ivy which can be
found at
http://www.otan.us/browse/index.cfm?fuseaction=view_ft&recno=894&catid=1
7191. If you're not already an OTAN site member you might be asked to
register (free) before being directed to the document.

Barry Bakin
ESL Teacher Adviser
Division of Adult and Career Education,
Los Angeles Unified School District