National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 1068] Re: FW: Kentucky Math

Joyce Probus jprobus at ket.org
Fri Jun 15 12:04:40 EDT 2007

This video, a clip from an old Ma & Pa Kettle episode, was featured in
PBS Teachers' Media Infusion blog on June 7,
http://www.pbs.org/teachers/mediainfusion/
in an article written by Cindy Newton, June's featured expert teacher.

Cindy Newton has taught for 13 years, eleven of which have been spent in
a first grade classroom. She has been named Teacher of the Year by both
her school corporation and the Indiana Computer Educators. Recently, she
was named an Armstrong Educator at Indiana University, where she
collaborates with pre-service teachers through a Virtual Lab School.

I hope you'll read her article, "Mathematical Problem Solving: A Journey
toward Meaning." A regular look at the Media Infusion blog is a good
thing to consider.