National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 1052] Research study on using blogs to teach adults writing

Richard A Sebastian/FS/VCU rasebastian at vcu.edu
Tue Jun 12 11:44:34 EDT 2007

I am a UVA doctoral student in Instructional Technology living in
Richmond, VA. I work at the Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center as a
Project Manager for an online learning program for adult GED students. For
my dissertation, I am investigating the use of blogs in the GED classroom
to help adult students improve their writing skills, and I am looking for
local GED teachers in the Richmond metro area currently using, or
interested in using, weblogs with their GED or Fast Track students.

If anyone on this list knows any GED teachers in the metro Richmond area
using blogs to help adult students practice and improve their writing
skills, and you think they might be interested in being part of important
adult education research, please have them contact me by email or phone
and I will provide them with more details about my study. I want to begin
collecting data during the Fall of 2007.

Thanks!

Richard Sebastian
Project Manager
eLEARN Virginia