National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 1039] Re: Inmate computer use statistics?

KUTHFAM at aol.com KUTHFAM at aol.com
Wed May 23 17:19:56 EDT 2007

In a message dated 5/23/2007 2:09:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dv1635 at wayne.edu writes:

Hi, I'm new to this listserve, I'm a MLIS student at Wayne State and am
trying to find
some current info on inmate access to computers. I've found some older
statistics, but nothing after 2000. I'm particularly interested in issues
regarding
internet access to prison inmates, and the degrees of technology literacy
among
inmates. I'd appreciate any leads.

In Butler Co Jail OH, inmates do not have access to computers. Neither are
computers used in a class setting.

Millie Kuth
Hamilton City ABLE
Hamilton OH 45015