National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 993] Re: [ProfessionalDevelopment 1033] Re: Creativity and Innovation, Fabric of History, Shakespeare in Jail

David J. Rosen djrosen at comcast.net
Wed May 9 07:06:58 EDT 2007

Hello Cristina and others,

The Web-based resources for your EFL students, described in your post
below, are innovative and creative. Technology is a source of both
creativity and innovation, and so I have listed it in both categories
on the ALE Wiki page

http://wiki.literacytent.org/index.php/Creativity_and_Innovation

and I have added a link describing your work as an example.

I am cross-posting this message to the NIFL Technology discussion
list because I believe there are subscribers there who have other
examples of teaching creativity and innovation that has been spurred
by the availability of technology in the classroom, and teacher
determination to use it well.

For those on the NIFL- AALPD list who wish to join the conversation
on the NIFL Technology list, to subscribe, go to
http://www.nifl.gov/mailman/listinfo/Technology

Cristina, did you and your colleague make all of these resources at
http://virtual-waters.tripod.com/workingstudents.htm Did your
students help to make them? If so, tell us more about how you got
students involved, and how they learned to use the electronic tools.
For example, could you tell us a little about the avatars on the
English Quill site? http://thenglishquill.blogspot.com/ (It appears
to me that they are not currently functioning -- at least not on my
Mac -- perhaps because the subscription has lapsed, but I am curious
about how they did function and why you chose to add them to the
blog. Perhaps you could reply to this on the NIFL Technology
discussion list, or reply to me by email.)

Thanks very much for your post, Cristina. I wonder if others have
examples of creativity and innovation that could be added to the ALE
Wiki page.

David J. Rosen
djrosen at comcast.net