National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 892] New issue of the Change Agent--Caring for Our Children

Kaye Beall kabeall at comcast.net
Fri Mar 9 10:50:33 EST 2007

The next issue of The Change Agent is hot off the press! It’s all about
Caring for Our Children. Since so many adult learners are also parents this
is sure to be an issue your students will want to read. The Change Agent is
a 56-page journal that provides authentic texts and teaching materials for
examining social issues in the classroom.

Find out the answers to these questions and much more:

● What can you do when your child misbehaves? How do parents navigate the
tricky waters of disciplining their kids?
● Are children of homosexuals worse off than children of heterosexuals?
What do adult learners think?
● Should children learn two languages at the same time?
● Does TV make a good babysitter?
● Which two industrialized countries do not provide paid maternity leave
for new moms?
● How can programs prepare parents to advocate and be active in their
children’s education?
● How does talking to your young child help develop literacy skills?
● What is Beatriz Garcia’s secret to being a great parent?

Don’t miss this exciting issue with over 15 articles written by students.
Visit our Web site or call to get your copy:
<http://www.nelrc.org/changeagent> www.nelrc.org/changeagent
617-482-9485 x491

Please post to other relevant lists and help us spread the word!

Angela Orlando
Change Agent Editor
World Education
44 Farnsworth Street